Pages

Sunday 20 December 2020

Holiday vlog - Vlog 1 Day 1 / Kitekite falls/Piha Bushwalk - Piha beach

   🙏Suksabai, talofa lava (english - greetings/hello) blog viewers! New post awaits!

Kia ora blog viewers it's Jin and this is my first Christmas holiday-vlog! Hope you guys enjoy and stay tuned for more over the weeks! 

(Sorry no SLJ posts, I don't have that much time on my hands).(This post was made the day after the trip).

Yesterday my family and I went on a road trip to Piha, a beautiful place that has thrilling mountain heights and a long bush walk that my parents and I explored. The bush walk houses a hidden waterfall named Kitekite falls, I thought Kitekite falls was really cool.


Kitekite falls was very small but was unique in a way. Even though it was small it still was like "the real deal". The bottom lake/pool was super cold and calm. When I got my ankles into the  lake/pool it instantly become the temperature in Antarctica. My ankles actually turned numb and sore. 

I saw a group of eels soaring through the cold water. As you may not know, I'm scared of (the) sea (animals). And yea a small eel can also scare me. What? You're scared of stuff too. Because of that little accident I got out of the lake/pool. My Dad told advised me to swim at the top of the falls. And I thought that was crazy but as it turns out the top of the falls is a (ok) sized pool full of fresh water. I was hesitant at first but at the end I jumped in the pool and it refreshed me. It felt like a refrigerated bucket of soda smothered my body. 

We got out of the wild bush walk and got some fresh food to gobble up. I had a mouth watering sausage roll with a lemonade-fizzy drink to wash it down. I felt stuffed. We got back into Mums car and drove to the Piha beach to enjoy the sun a little. I thought it was cool because the sand there was black. We enjoyed the sun so much that I think it got too comfortable and made the sand boiling hot.

Yesterday was really interesting actually. If I would choose my favourite bit about the day it would be the top of the falls where it had a fresh pool of water.

Hope you guys enjoyed my story/first vlog and wish you all a awesome christmas holiday!

Haere ra and thank you.

-Jin

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Jin,

    It's okay if you don't have enough time to do SLJ blog posts! We understand that the summer time can be busy but we love seeing your blog posts about what you have gotten up to!

    You have used such great descriptive words in your recount - ka pai! This makes your writing even more interesting to read!

    I think seeing a group of eels would have alarmed me too! I wouldn't want their slippery skin touching my feet. Yuck!

    I'm so glad you are having a wonderful time and I look forward to seeing more of what you get up to.

    Ngā mihi,

    Charlotte (SLJ Team)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.