Pages

Friday 20 December 2019

Summer Learning Journey

 (Summer learning journey)   Imagine that you were invited to join Nainoa for three weeks at sea. You are asked to pack your own food. List 10 food items that you could take on the trip. Remember you will not have a fridge or freezer!
On your blog, post your list of 10 food items you would take on an ocean voyage.
1. Mango (I would take a mango because it is high in fibre also it has vitamin A, C , and E)  
2. Coconut (Why a coconut you might say, it's because the fruit coconut has a high percent of calories it also can improve your heart health)
3. Potato (A potato is one of the foods I would take because it is a long lasting 
food and it has vitamin C like the Mango. Potato has fibre, that fibre helps with the amount of cholesterol in your blood)
4. Water (I would take water because water keeps me alive and it keeps me hydrated)
5. Kasava (It has vitamins and minerals, and it is another long lasting food)
6. Pig, chicken (The animal named pig has a lot of vitamins. It has vitamins A B C and K, Chicken is a lean meat, witch means that it doesn't have that much fat. It actually helps you lose weight.)
9. Fish (Eating fish every 2 weeks is a healthy diet. It has vitamins D and B2)
10. Eggs (I chose eggs because it has protein and it can last for 3 weeks  
Image result for canoe

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Jin,

    Your list looks great! I can tell you put a lot of thought into what you would bring. I love reading your explanations for why you chose each item. I think out of all the food on the list you mentioned I would definitely take dried fruit. There are so many different types of dried fruit you could take as well so you wouldn't get sick of it.

    I have a question - how are you going to keep the meat frozen if there is no fridge or freezer? Do you have any alternative ideas of how you are going to keep it fresh? :)

    If you had to take only one type of food from your top 10 with you on a voyage, what would you choose?

    Noho ora mai
    Erica

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.