Pages

Monday 22 June 2020

Living The Life In The Middle Of War

WarZone

A wave of chills dash through my spine as I hide away in the basement corner, with my trusty rifle at my side. Gunshots and explosions are heard overhead. Fighter planes zoom through the sky with speed. I build my confidence and head to the basement door. I could hear my heart intensely building up. At one point it was so loud that it sounded like it was right next to my ear. With no hesitation I slam open the door, pointing my rifle. ‘Can we get some meds!’ a kneeling soldier shouts. Outside, down on the ground was another soldier. He had a wounded arm. As I realized that no-one gave notice to the soldier, I knew I had to do something. I snatched a medkit from the cabinet and dashed to the man. ‘Here you go’ I placed the medkit on the ground next to him. ‘Get back inside kid!’ he yelled. I rushed inside. I stare back. A massive explosion destroyed the surface and people around it. A cloud of dust disrupts my vision to see the soldiers. In a split second I awake from the dream and find myself sitting there with my rifle in the basement corner. I was in a bad position. I had no food, no water, or even a home. I was trapped inside my own house, with nowhere to go. It’s been hours since I've had anything to drink or anything to eat. I was about to starve to death?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.