Pages

Friday 20 September 2019

Cross Country

On a hot and sunny day I anxiously sat on the boiling hot concrete. (It was cross country day).  I felt so nervous that I started to shiver. I asked my teacher Ms Scanlan if I could go to take a leak, but she said that our class was up next to race. "It's OK it'll make me faster" I said terrified. It's the adrenaline that will keep me pumping.

As we were marching to line up, I listened anxiously as Mr Somerville shouted "On your mark, get set, clap went the clapper. I bolted as fast as flash and I was already in first place. Suddenly Tony rushed past me (Tony is a student in my class) . In my brain was like a miniature war and the king was shouting "Tony you dare try to beat me the most powerful titan in the universe!".

Then I whizzed past Tony. We started to trudge through the sloppy mud. I had cold mud smothering my legs. I had past the finish line. I felt awesome because I came first. Imagine if I didn't come first, I wouldn't had pizza for dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.